Monday 12 May 2014

Why am I doing this?

I've asked myself that very question several times today.

Truth is, I'm a extremely introverted individual and social media is just not my thing.  Facebook annoys me, Twitter is a means to an end and I honestly have no interest with things like Instagram, Pinterest et al ...

So why am I creating a blog?

Because I am a runner.

Running is my passion.  Running motivates me.  Running keeps me sane. 

I think back to my short running history and realize that I've experienced many things over the years, but those experiences are just distant and vague memories.  And while those experiences would be highly unremarkable to most, they are important to me because they've helped define who I am. 

So, my initial intent with this blog is simple - to capture/document my running experiences so that I can reflect back to see who I was, where I came from and where I'm heading.  Essentially, this is my personal journal which I'm making available for anyone to see. 

I'm not currently intending to promote this blog or even tell my friends, team mates or my coach about it.  After-all, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this ends up being my first and last post. Only time will tell ...

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment